Skip to content ↓

What is the Local Offer?

Every local authority must identify education, health and social care services in their local area provided for children, young people and families who have SEN or disabilities and include them in an information directory called the Local Offer. This helps local authorities as they can use it to see where the gaps in provision are. The Local Offer also includes information about services provided outside your local area that local people are likely to use.

Local services should reflect what local people need. Your local authority must ask children, parents and young people what they think the Local Offer should include, and how they think people should be able to access it, and most authorities will have worked with their local Parent Carer Forum to develop this. They must publish what children, young people and parents tell them about their Local Offer and say clearly what they will do about the comments they receive.

Your local authority also needs local schools, colleges, health services and other service providers to contribute to the Local Offer.

This Local Offer needs to be kept up to date, and so your local authority will need to seek feedback from children, young people and parents as part of that process.

The Surrey Local Offer can be found using this link: