The Horsell Curriculum
Our Curriculum Vision ('intent')
At Horsell C of E Junior School we provide a ‘rich and inclusive education’. We believe that we
all have unique, ‘God-given’ gifts that must be nurtured to their full potential in a broad and
The Horsell Curriculum, through an engagement with the works of great thinkers, athletes,
artists, writers, musicians and scientists, aims to challenge and inspire its children to become
enquirers, risk takers, collaborators, problem solvers and compassionate guardians of the world
in which they live.
What does this look like in the classroom?
1. School values (dignity, hope, justice, service, love and forgiveness) are threaded through curriculum and planning choices
2. Inspiring literature used as a stimulus for learning across the curriculum
3. The use of high quality resources, to invoke awe, wonder, fun and enjoyment
4. An emphasis on both our local and global environment
5. Well-prepared, carefully considered lessons with strong subject knowledge at the
The Horsell Learner is:
Proud of their learning
Please click on the links to find out more about our curriculum.
We review our curriculum through regular Quality Assurance, formative and summative data, learning walks, book looks, pupil voice and lesson observations.
How do I find out about what my child will be learning?
The Horsell Curriculum area of the website shows you the knowledge and skills that your child will be learning during their time with us for all subjects in the National Curriculum.
Each Year group area contains the complete curriculum overview for the academic year. Knowledge organisers can also be found in each year group area and these break down each subject into the key knowledge that children need to know, remember and understand.
If you have any questions about our curriculum you should contact your child's class teacher in the first instance.