Skip to content ↓

SEND Information Report and Policy

If your child has a disability, whether or not they have SEN (Special Educational Needs), schools must make reasonable adjustments, including the provision of auxiliary aids (such as tactile signage or induction loops) and services to prevent them being put at a substantial disadvantage.

If you think your child has SEN or a disability, you should talk to your class teacher in the first instance. You might also need to talk to the SENCO.

If the school thinks your child has SEND, we will begin to gather evidence such as reports about your child’s progress. If we decide it is necessary to provide your child with support for their SEN, we will discuss this with you. 

We may begin to get advice and support from specialists outside the school (such as an educational psychologist, a speech and language therapist or a specialist teaching and advisory service). Children with SEN will be provided with SEN support.

The support provided is to help children achieve the outcomes or learning objectives that have been set for them. We will provide you with an annual report on your child’s progress.

SEN support can take many forms. This could include (but not limited to);

  • an individual learning programme for your child
  • additional help from a teacher or a learning support assistant
  • adaptations to materials, resources and equipment
  • working with your child in a small group
  • observing your child in class or at break and keeping records
  • helping your child to take part in the class activities and making sure that your child has understood things by encouraging them to ask questions and to try something they find difficult
  • helping other children to work with your child, or play with them at break time
  • supporting your child with physical or personal care difficulties, such as eating, getting around school safely, toileting or dressing

All school policies relating to SEND and inclusion can also be found on the website, or available on request via the school office, including in larger font.