Our 'Skills Curriculum'
At Horsell we are committed to providing our children with a enriching educational experience, as we believe that all of our children have unique 'God-given' talents, which can be expressed in a variety of different ways. Our skills curriculum is a key part of this vision for our children.
Please see attached information on the skills curriculum.
Our skills curriculum usually includes cookery, swimming, forest school and PE. The timetable gives information on when your child's class will be doing each skill.
For each swimming lesson your child should bring, in a waterproof bag, a swimming costume, (Bermuda Shorts and Bikinis are not suitable for school swimming) towel and a swimming hat. Swimming hats can be purchased on Scopay, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org after ordering so that we can deliver it promptly to your child. All items must be named. The children are permitted to wear swimming goggles if they wish to do so.
Aprons are provided by the school, however we ask that children bring in a named container to bring their produce home in.
Children should bring the following items in a named bag:
- sturdy trainers, boots or wellies with socks;
- long trousers, long sleeved top, waterproof jacket, waterproofs over trousers (or a spare pair if wet);
- a light water bottle;
- a small rucksack;
- hat suitable for sun or winter as required;
- an extra spare layer is useful in the rucksack in case weather changes or there is a high wind chill;
- multiple thin layers are best for warmth and can always be removed if too warm. All clothes should be named. The thickness of clothing will depend on the season. Parents should note that Forest School takes place in all weather and is only cancelled if there is high wind. Please use old clothes and let your child know that at Forest School they CAN GET DIRTY AND YOU DO NOT MIND! Sun cream should also be applied before school if the weather is hot.