Horsell Junior School has a forest school area in the school grounds.
When taking part in forest school, children should bring the following items in a named bag:
- sturdy trainers, boots or wellies with socks
- long trousers, long sleeved top, waterproof jacket, waterproofs over trousers (or a spare pair if wet). Please note that children who are not wearing long sleeves/trousers will not be able to take part in forest school activities due for safety reasons.
- a light water bottle
- a small rucksack
- hat suitable for sun or winter as required
- an extra spare layer is useful in the rucksack in case weather changes or there is a high wind chill
- multiple thin layers are best for warmth and can always be removed if too warm.
All clothes should be named.
The thickness of clothing will depend on the season. Parents should note that Forest School takes place in all weather and is only cancelled if there is high wind. Please use old clothes and let your child know that at Forest School they CAN GET DIRTY AND YOU DO NOT MIND! Sun cream should also be applied before school if the weather is hot.