Ethos and Values
At Horsell CofE Junior School, we are a Christian Family where we foster an enthusiasm for learning and life through our inclusive motto 'Everyone Matters – Everyone Learns'; where all decisions and actions put the child at the centre.
The vision of Horsell CofE Junior School is to cultivate an environment that provides children with the skills to become independent and enthusiastic lifelong learners, with a desire to achieve and make a positive contribution to the community.
To live in an environment where respect for all is an explicit and embedded value that permeates every aspect of life. Where everyone is encouraged to develop a sense of pride in themselves and in others, celebrating success in all areas of life.
- To build an effective, creative and high quality learning environment by sharing our values and ethos within the school and the wider community.
- Recognise the importance of personal, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of learning and promote positive behaviour for living and learning. Our motto really is ‘Everyone Matters – Everyone Learns’.
- Create a culture of success where each individual is empowered to achieve to high standards by using different learning strategies and taking into account individual strengths.
- Maintain a culture of respect and tolerance for everyone’s individuality. We celebrate the differences that children bring with learning, home languages, faiths and ethnic backgrounds.
- Our ethos of Christian belief permeates all aspects of curriculum and school life, especially when thinking about ourselves, others and the wider world.
- We encourage a sense of responsibility towards our own and each other’s belongings and the environment.
- Actively work in partnership with families and the wider community to foster self-esteem and individual success. We involve parents and carers in the life of the school, sustaining and further developing our community links so that the school becomes a positive influence in the community.