Ethos and Values
School Mission Statement and Aims
At Horsell C of E Junior School, we are a Christian Family and we foster an enthusiasm for learning and life through our inclusive motto “Everyone Matters – Everyone Learns”, where all decisions and actions put the child at the centre.
To pursue excellence in every area and to cultivate an environment that helps children develop skills to become independent and enthusiastic lifelong learners, who achieve to the best of their ability and who make a positive contribution to the community.
To live in an environment where respect for all is an explicit and embedded value that permeates every aspect of life. In our school everyone is encouraged to develop a sense of pride in themselves and in others, celebrating success in all areas of life.
We want to see our Christian values embodied in our relationships throughout the school by Governors, Staff, parents and children. We especially value compassion, justice, honesty, forgiveness, thankfulness, respect and trust.
- To build an effective, creative and high quality learning environment by sharing our values and ethos within the school and the wider community.
- To recognise the importance of personal, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of learning and promote positive behaviour for living and learning: our motto really is ‘Everyone Matters – Everyone Learns’.
- To encourage children to flourish spiritually and emotionally in order to build resilience in their ability to manage both failure and success.
- To help prepare children to become independent in their learning, teaching them the skills that will prepare them for their next step in their educational journey to fulfil their potential
- To maintain a culture of respect and tolerance for everyone’s individuality.
- To support children in developing the social skills required to live and succeed in a multi-cultural society.
- To actively work in partnership with families and the wider community to foster self-esteem and individual success. We involve parents and carers in the life of the school, sustaining and further developing our community links so that the school becomes a positive influence in the community.Our ethos of Christian belief permeates all aspects of curriculum and school life, especially when thinking about ourselves, others and the wider world.
We encourage a sense of responsibility towards our own and each other’s belongings and the environment.