The Horsell Curriculum
Our Curriculum Vision ('intent')
At Horsell C of E Junior School we provide a ‘rich and inclusive education’. We believe that we
all have unique, ‘God-given’ gifts that must be nurtured to their full potential in a broad and
The Horsell Curriculum, through an engagement with the works of great thinkers, athletes,
artists, writers, musicians and scientists, aims to challenge and inspire its children to become
enquirers, risk takers, collaborators, problem solvers and compassionate guardians of the world
in which they live.
What does this look like in the classroom?
1. School values (dignity, hope, justice, service, love and forgiveness) are threaded through curriculum and planning choices
2. Inspiring literature used as a stimulus for learning across the curriculum
3. The use of high quality resources, to invoke awe, wonder, fun and enjoyment
4. An emphasis on both our local and global environment
5. Well-prepared, carefully considered lessons with strong subject knowledge at the
The Horsell Learner is:
Proud of their learning
Please click on the links to find out more about our curriculum.
Our subject reports for the previous academic year can be found below. These review our intent, implementation and impact and include the subject bids for the next academic year. We review our curriculum through regular Quality Assurance, formative and summative data, learning walks, book looks, pupil voice and lesson observations.