Seesaw is a simple way for the children and teachers to record and share what's happening in the classroom. Seesaw gives the children a place to document their learning, be creative and learn how to use technology. Each child gets their own e-portfolio and will add things to it, like photos, videos, drawings or notes. Seesaw works on many different devices – IPads, tablets and desktops. The app also provides an opportunity for teachers to communicate with the children and share news in an environmentally friendly and secure way.
There are many benefits for us to introduce home learning access through this app:
- In the event of a school closure, teachers will be able to deliver learning activities for your child to complete and then they will be able to mark or respond to these.
- Homework, activities etc. can be posted for pupils and parents to see.
- Everything that a child uploads has to be approved by the class teacher before it is loaded on to the e-portfolio.
- Teachers and pupils can upload posts about pupil’s learning and achievements that can be shared with their parents.
- Teachers can send messages and reminders to the children and parents via the app (Children cannot send any messages).
- Seesaw is private; at home, children will only see their own work.
How does Seesaw help keep student data safe?
We are lucky in our school to have Mr Penstone who is a Seesaw Ambassador.